skip to Main Content
With the Pacific Northwest nearing record breaking temperatures this weekend, we thought we’d share some basic safety tips for hot weather.
- Stay Hydrated. Drink a lot of water and less alcohol and caffeinated drinks which can deplete your body of water.
- Use fans if you don’t have AC. Ceiling fans should be turned counter-clockwise and increase the speed as the temperature rises during the day.
- Avoid using your stove for cooking if you don’t have AC.
- Soak a handkerchief in water and tie it around your neck.
- Avoid direct sun for long periods of time. The shade is your friend.
- Turn lights down and shut the blinds.
- Wear appropriate clothing.
- Create a cross-breeze
- Take a cool shower